Tuesday 3 June 2014

Microwave Khandvi

Microwave Khandvi
Khandvi is one of my most favourite Gujarati dish. I love the way I can unroll the rolled khandvi in my mouth. As i have been using my microwave a lot lately, I wanted to do the microwave version. Hence, I referred to one of my favourites, late Tarla Dalal's recipes and trust me, it was as good as the normal one made on the gas. My husband, who is my biggest critic loved it and asked to keep some for the evening too. Try it and enjoy!!

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 1/2 cup Gram Flour
1 1/2 cup Curd, mixed with 1 cup Water
2 tsp Ginger-Green Chilli Paste
1/2 tsp Turmeric
2 pinch Asafoetida
Salt to taste
2 tbsp Oil
1 tbsp Mustard Seeds
1/4 cup Coriander, finely chopped

Preparation

1. Combine the flour, curd-water mixture, ginger-green chilli paste, turmeric, a pinch of asafoetida and salt in a microwave bowl.
2. Mix well and keep in microwave on high for 5 minutes mixing twice in between twice after every 1 1/2 minute.
3. Spread the mixture using a spatula on a clean and smooth kitchen surface allowing it to cool for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Cut the khandvi length-wise in even strips.
5. Carefully roll out each strip from one end to another forming cylindrical rolls.
6. Combine the oil, mustard seeds and a pinch of asafoetida in a microwave bowl.
7. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. 
8. Pour the tempering on top of the khandvi.
9. Garnish with coriander and serve hot.

Note: Tastes best if served along with green chutney.

Spread the mixtures as evenly and thinly as possible.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, i am definately going to try this :)
    -Gauri
    ( cookininpajamas.blogspot.in )

    ReplyDelete